Sunday, August 23, 2009

IraqiGirl: Diary of a Teenage Girl in Iraq

I don't usually buy books based on blogs. Why buy the book when you could read the blog for free? But, this is HNK's blog turned into a book. She's the exception.

I finished reading the book this morning. I'm happy HNK got her blog published. But, I'm also sad to re-read her struggle with life under fire. No matter the darkness around, HNK always finds something to get her going every day. This optimism is what makes the book a wonderful read.

In an interview with a group of American students, HNK was asked what her wonderland would be like. Her answer was simple, "In my wonderland we would have electricity and clear water."

Do you see how the Iraqi wonderland is way different that ours?



IraqiGirl:
Diary of a Teenage Girl in Iraq

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home