Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kemah Boardwalk - Before Hurricane Ike

I spent Friday and Saturday watching the Weather Channel and checking on my friends and former colleagues living in Beaumont. Some evacuated and others rode out Hurricane Ike to take care of work-related tasks.

We enjoyed a mild 2007 hurricane season in Southeast Texas. We enjoyed many carefree weekends filled with activities and fun.

On August 5th, 2007, we spent our Sunday afternoon at the Kemah Boardwalk near the city of Clear Lake. It was a typical hot summer day. Still, the place was packed. Hot weather is a way of life here, and we don't mind it. At the Kemah Boardwalk, people of all ages can always find something to enjoy.

Yesterday, Kemah Boardwalk sustained damage from Hurricane Ike. So, I thought I'd share with you some of the pictures I took during my last visit to Kemah. It's a reminder to enjoy every bit of life, which I do as much as I can.



© Fayrouz Hancock
The Kemah Skyride.


© Fayrouz Hancock
The restaurant area of the boardwalk.


© Fayrouz Hancock
Sailboats and a Jet ski in Galveston Bay.


© Fayrouz Hancock
Kemah Balloon Ride.


© Fayrouz Hancock
The CP Huntington train.

Order photo prints.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home