Saturday, August 09, 2008

Pursuit of Happiness



This is a special gift from my co-workers for becoming a U.S. citizen.
One of the notes read, "Fay. Congratulations on making it official that this is your home..."


Last month, I went for my long-awaited U.S. citizenship interview. After the interview finished, the immigration officer asked me if I wanted to attend the Oath Ceremony. She said it would take place in few hours at the same place. I couldn't believe my luck. I know most people wait weeks or months until their Oath Ceremonies.

That's when my pursuit of happiness started.

At the ceremony, I recognized immigrants from different continents and countries who were there to become part of the American melting pot.

The presenter told us that the U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee us happiness. She said the U.S. Constitution guarantees us the right to pursue happiness.

When I started this blog, I was still working on my green card application. At last, I feel I'm home. Life couldn't be better these days.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home