Saturday, September 02, 2006

World Trade Center, The Movie

I was reluctant to see World Trade Center by Oliver Stone. However, I was encouraged by the reviews.

I thank Oliver Stone for the movie's message. He could have turned this movie into any type of agenda. Instead, he chose to focus on the value of life and family. The movie tells the true story of two ordinary Port Authority police officers, John McLoughlin and Will Jimeno, who were trapped in the fallen towers. The movie is about the rescue efforts, their families and their hopes of survival.

The faith of the trapped police officers was tested too. Their faith gave them spiritual encouragement during those difficult times. It reminded me of the footprints story.

In the middle of our busy lives, we sometimes forget to pay enough attention to our family and friends. It's in moments of despair the two police officers appreciate their family and friends the most. The memories of their wives and kids kept them awake until the rescue team found them.

I couldn't have asked for a better movie to remind me of the important things in my life. I walked out of the movie theater more appreciative of my husband, family and friends. For that, it was worth seeing the intense scenes of the movie.




World Trade Center

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home