Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Religion of Sports In America



Photo Illustration: Mark M. Hancock
© The Beaumont Enterprise

Port Arthur Memorial High School's Jamaal Charles demonstrates his hurdling stride at the school on Thursday, May 12, 2005. Jamaal Charles now plays for University of Texas football team.


When I moved to the States, I couldn't understand why people were so into watching football, hokey, baseball and basketball games and I still don't understand it. It sometimes feel like a religion in a good way.

Yesterday, I was one of millions of Americans who followed the championship game between University of Texas and University of Southern California football teams. I admit that this is the first time I follow a football game and be nervous. I was so happy when I our team won the championship.

I still don't understand why it's so important to beat other states team; but I'm starting to LOVE it.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home