Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas

Merry Chirstmas everyone. I hope you have a great Christmas with your family and friends. Mark and me are spending Christmas in Beaumont this year. This is probably the least stressful Christmas in my whole life.

The Dallas Morning News did a report about Chaldean Christmas traditions in the DFW area. It's really hard to find Chaldeans in Dallas-Fort Worth area because we blend well with the locals and there aren't many Chaldean families who live in this area.

My post "How Christmas Works In Iraq" got the most hits from search engines for people searching for Christmas in Iraq. This has its good and bad sides. One bad story was an e-mail I received in early December from a person I don't know. The least I can say this person was mad at me for no reason. I tracked back where it landed on my blog and it was the Christmas post. I contacted the organization where the message originated from to ask them why would a person from their organization send me such an abusive e-mail. It turns out the sender is a 10-year-old girl whose parents are now serving in Iraq. She obviousely misses her parents and the pleasant tone of my post probably brought all kinds of emotitions to her heart. I hope her parents come back home safely.



Mark M. Hancock / © The Beaumont Enterprise

The Kansas City Southern's Holiday Express train churns out smoke and plays holiday music in Beaumont on Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2005. The train will visit and distribute goody bags in 20 communities by Dec. 18.

Tomorrow, I'll post a photo so y'all can see my Christmas tree.


Merry Christmas everyone

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home