Thursday, July 07, 2005

London Blasts

 
My condolences to the people who lost loved ones in result of London blasts. Today reminded us all of the morning of 9/11.

When London was announced the winner location for Olympics 2012, it brought to my mind the memories of choosing Sydney as the location for Olympics 2000. That decision was followed by horrible bushfires. Least to say, they didn't start naturally.

Would Europe take the threat of terror seriously after today's blasts? I hope so.


UPDATE I
Wikipedia put an entry for 7 July 2005 London bombings. (Via Little John).


UPDATE II
Eye witness accout of the train blast, Surviving a Terrorist Attack, by Justin (Via Nosemonkey's live blogging (Via (Alan Kennedy))


UPDATE III
I received the following e-mail from Jamal S. Baadani, President – Association of Patriotic Arab Americans in Military:

I write this email to you to let you know that I’ve been Mobilized once again to participate as part of Operation Enduring Freedom. When you receive this E-Mail, I am already in the sky’s on an airplane headed overseas.

It is ironic that this day that I travel back to the Middle East for my 2nd tour in the Middle East with Operation Enduring Freedom, that the Freedom of London and Great Britain has been attacked by Terrorism.

I’ve been asked by family and friends – Why do you want to go back out there? You’ve done your time?

I know that I’ve done my time, and that I can stay home for the rest of my Marine Corps Career serving the required monthly duty until retirement. However, I also know that I can’t stand behind the scenes watching terrorism threaten our way of life. Sitting idly by with skills that benefit our fight against terror is in my mind – selfish.

This will be my third year of active service in support of Operation Enduring Freedom since 9/11. You could say that I am setting the example for others to follow. Those who have the ability to contribute to the fight – but don’t. It is also to set the example for those nay-sayers who criticize our Arab American Community for not doing enough to help fight the War on Terrorism.

God Bless America!

Jamal S. Baadani

May you return safely to your family and friends.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home