Wednesday, July 27, 2005

From a Basrawi to Another Basrawi

 
*** Scroll down for updates ***

I'm going to interview an Iraqi Muslim lady who lives in Basra. I'm preparing a list of questions regarding the constitution, women's rights, the security situation, education, health and other issues.

If you have any questions for her, please post them in the comments section or send them to me in an e-mail.

I went through half of the Iraqi constitution draft. The constitution contradicts itself in many places. So, I must finish reading it before I make any judgment.

I'll post more thoughts in the morning. It's time for me to go to sleep.


UPDATE 07/28/2005
I finished reading the nightmare document called "Iraqi Constitution Draft." It didn't help to finish reading the document then watch "Over There," the new show on FX Networks.

I went to bed repeating to myself, "PULL OUT THE TROOPS."

Islamic Republic of Iran would have never seen in its wildest dreams the transformation of Republic of Iraq to Islamic Republic of Iraq WITH the help of American administration, its troops, blood and money.

We lost more than 30,000 Iraqis and another 2,000 or more American soldiers. We spent billions of dollars that could have been used to improve the lives of ordinary Americans. And, what we get? A constitution that takes Iraqi women back to the dark ages.

This constitution will definitely be rejected by the Iraqi people ONLY if the Sunni, minorities and educated Iraqi women vote against it.

That's all I have to say. If I say any more, I may actually vomit.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home