Monday, May 02, 2005

There Must Be An Election Somewhere

 
During my daily tour of the Iraqi blogs, I noticed most of them have posted notes trying to explain how the change in Iraq was neccessary. Then during the weekend, I received an unpleasant e-mail from a British voter. And it dawned on me, "It's election time in England."

Iraqi people received a lot of attention during the American election. Now, we're receiving a similar attention from the UK voters.

So, for all the voters in England, spare us your political debates. If you don't like Tony Blair, then don't vote for him. If you want to participate in every anti-war protest and think it's the right thing to do, then go ahead with it. Just don't try to impose your beliefs on the Iraqi people who disagree with you.

One reason I have respect for Marla Ruzicka is because she didn't protest and protest and protest like some people do. She packed her bags and went to Iraq. She helped the Iraqi people in a way thousands of anti-war protesters won't do.

It's easier to go for a nice walk on London or Washigton streets to protest the war than to pack your bag and head to Iraq to help Iraqis in a more productive way.

Why do some non-Iraqi people think they know what's best for Iraqis? I have no idea.

And, thank you Tom for your understanding words. I really appreciate them.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home