The New Iraqi Government
I feel bad for not blogging regularly. I dedicated some time to discover Beaumont and its surroundings. Now, I'm back to blogging as usual.
To start, here's the new Iraqi government:
- Ibrahim Al-Oshaiqar Al-Jaafary, Prime Minister.
- Dr.Rose Norry Shawes, Deputy Prime Minister.
- Dr.Ahmad Al-Chalabi, Deputy Prime Minister
- Abd Motlak Al-Jibouri, Vice-Prime Minister.
- Sa'adoon Al-Dolaimi, Defense Minister.
- Bayan Solagh Jabar, Minister of The Interior.
- Hoshiar Zibarry, Foreign Minister.
- Dr. Ali AbdAl-Ameer Alawi, Finance minister.
- Dr. Ibraheem Bahar Al-Oloom, Minister Of Oil.
- Mohsin Shlash, Minister of Electric.
- Jasim Mohammad Jafaar, Minister of Housing And Rebuilding.
- Abd Al-Falah Hassan As-Sodany, Minister of Education.
- Sami Al-Modahfar, Minister of Higher Education.
- Dr. Abd Al-Motalab Mohammad Ali, Minister of Health.
- Barham Salih, Minister of Planning and Re-Establishment Cooperation.
- Dr.Jawan Foad Maasoom, Minister Of Communications.
- Abd Al-Basat Kareem Mawlood, Trade Minister.
- Osama Abd Al-Aziz Al-Gagaify, Minister of Industry and minerals.
- Ali Al-Bahadely, Minister of Agriculture.
- Abd Al-Hussein Shandal, Minister of Injustice.
- Idrees Hady, Minister Of Work and Social Affairs.
- Lateef Rasheed, Minister Of Water Resources.
- Salam Al-Maliky, Minister of Transport.
- Noori Farhan Al-Rawi, Minister of Culture.
- Basima Yousif Botross, Minister of Science and Technology.
- Sohaila Abd Jaafar, Minister of Emigration.
- Talib Azeez Zainy, Minister of Youth and Sport.
- Dr. Narmeen Othman, Minister of Environment.
- Hashim Al-Shibly, Minister of Human Rights.
- Nisreen Barwary, Minister of Municipal and affairs.
- Abd Al-Kareem Al-Anzy, State Minister of National Security Affairs.
- Saad Nayf Al-Hardan, State Minister of Provinces Affairs.
- Alaa Habeeb Kahdim, State Minister of Civilian Society Affairs.
- Dr.Azhar Abd Al-Kareem Al-Shikhly, State Minister of Women Affairs.
- Hashim Al-Hashimy, State Minister of Tourism and Arch Affairs.
- Safaa Ad-Din Mohammad As-Safi, State Minister of National Assembly.
[Translation: Christian Iraq]
Basima Yousif Botross, Minister of Science and Technology, is the only Iraqi Christian in the new government. I didn't think we'd hold more ministries knowing that government positions are assigned using ethnic groups' proportional system. That's NOT right or fair for many qualified Iraqis.
The biggest surprise -- at least for me -- was assigning the position of Deputy Prime Minister to Ahmed Al-Chalabi. It makes me wonder what he has in his bag against the others to be granted this position. Even President Jalal Talabani is trying to cut a deal with Jordan to sort out Al-Petra Bank case against Al-Chalabi. Both sides agreed Al-Chalabi can pay back the Jordanian government some of the allegedly stolen money. In return, the Jordanian government would drop the case against Al-Chalabi [Source: Al-Sharq Al-Awsat].
If he is innocent - as he claims - why doesn't he fight this case in court to prove his innocence?
Labels: Iraqi Government