Wednesday, November 03, 2004

American Elections

I guess I need to write a post about the American elections now that they're over. I thought it would be wise not to write my thoughts about the subject until after the elections. I'm not an American. So, it's not my business to endrose any candidate on this blog. If I did, my endorsement would have gone to Micky Mouse or Winnie the Pooh. Most likely to Winnie the Pooh. He's very cute.

There were no surprises with the Texas results. The only surprise was voting "Yes" for the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington. Jerry Jones is wealthy enough to afford building the new stadium instead of putting the burdon on the people of Arlington. But, it's the city's choice. I see things differently.

The most interesting and cheerful result was California's "Yes" vote to fund the embryonic stem cell research in the Golden state. Someone had to break the chain. The Terminator did. Good for him.

I'm happy we didn't have a lot of drama during this election. I went to bed hoping Ohio wouldn't become another Florida. I got my wish. I would like to stress what Kerry said in his conceding speach, "Let's begin the healing." That's what America needs right now.

And last, could we move onward to rebuild Iraq and restore its security. Please?



Post Links:
Arlington to help fund Cowboys stadium
World's Richest People - #552 Jerry Jones (Jones, Jerral)
Key Ballot Measures Go Governor's Way
Bush wins a second term in office

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home