Sunday, October 03, 2004

Live From Dallas' First Anniversary

It's been a year since I started this blog. Let me say that blogging is not a fun business. It's a very stressful hobby. I put lots of emotions in every post I write. It's not easy to stay positive most of the time. I lost my temper a few times. Only God can keep his temper under control 24/7. I can't. Sorry.

When I started this blog, my goal was to find my old friends. I found a few of them within the first few months. It was worth starting this blog.

Another goal for this blog was to establish person-to-person connections between Iraqi and non-Iraqi people whether by e-mail or by encouraging people to make a difference in someone's life. It's worth the stress I get from blogging.

The last two days were marvelous with more people donating to Fr. Yousif's project. Thanks to everyone who donated to this project. I appreciate your investment in the future of Iraq.

Many people have e-mailed me requesting a comments section for the blog. A few of them almost convinced me to turn the comments section on. I thought I'd put this request on the shelf till after the presidential election. I highly respect both my Democrat and Republican readers. I'd hate to see my readers screaming at each other. So, I setup a poll to decide on this matter. If more than 74 per cent of the readers vote "Yes," I'll turn the comments section on. That's fair enough for everyone.


UPDATE Oct. 8, 2004:
The poll ended with the following results:
69% voted Yes.
31% voted No.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home