Saturday, September 18, 2004

Hope Through Heartsongs

Thank you to Jane Lynch, who sent me "Hope Through Heartsongs," a poetry book by Mattie J. T. Stepanek. It was a very nice early birthday gift. I think there's a lot to learn from Mattie's short life on planet earth. I believe everyone need to read his books and learn to have peace with themselves and the world. I chose this poem from the book to share with you:

For Our World

We need to stop.
Just stop.
Stop for a moment...
Before anybody
Says or does anything
That may hurt anyone else.
We need to be silent.
Just silent.
Silent for a moment...
Before we forever lose
The blessing of songs
That grow in our hearts.
We need to notice.
Just notice.
Notice for a moment...
Before the future slips away
into ashes and dust of humility.
Stop, be silent, and notice
In so many ways, we are the same.
Our differences are unique treasures.
We have, we are, a mosaic of gifts
To nurture, to offer, to accept.

Read the rest of the poem here.


My birthday is next Friday, and I'm expecting many cards from my readers. So, you better start looking online for some nice e-cards.

I have some good news regarding Fr. Yousif Thomas project. I'll post them either tonight or tomorrow. My husband gave me an important task, which I need to finish tonight or I'll be in trouble. So, you have to wait a bit longer to hear the good news. Till then, browse the new section about Fr. Yousif Thomas on my sidebar.




Arabic Word of The Post:

Thank you: شكرا - / shu-kran /

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home