Sunday, August 01, 2004

Is There Hope Left For The Iraqi Christians ?

Less than two weeks ago, I wrote about the mounting fears among the Christian minority in Iraq. Some people criticized me for being negative about the dark future awaiting the Iraqi Christian minority. They thought living in America doesn't make me realize what is waiting for these people in the new Iraq.

Today, my fears came true. You don't have to be a wizard to see this one coming. I have many relatives and friends who still live in Iraq. Every time we talk to them, they tell us of their fears and misery. So, no I didn't come up with my previous post from illusions in my head. It did happen this time. It will happen again. Not many people want to listen whether Iraqis or non-Iraqis. What happened today made me so angry that I want to vomit.

Today, I won't end my post with Arabic word of the post. Today, I end it with an antiphon to the dead:

May the angles lead you into paradise,
May the martyrs receive you at your coming
And bring you into the holy city, Jerusalem.
May a choir of angels welcome you;
And there, where Lazarus is poor no longer,
May you have eternal rest.

UPDATE
For Iraqi reactions to yesterday's bombing, check here.
For photos from yesterday's bombing, look here.

Thank you Ferid for the links.
 

<< Home