Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Iraq Is One Nation Under Food

Since the churches were bombed on Sunday, everyone has witnessed lots of solidarity among the Iraqi people. There's good words and good acts. But, above all there's good Iraqi food.

On Sunday evening, I decided to be around Iraqi people. My husband took me to the newly discovered Iraqi-Kurdish restaurant in Richardson, a nice suburb of Dallas. Everyone should go to this place to see the harmony among the Iraqi people while eating the best kebob, rice, green beans stew, Iraqi bread, rice pudding and other popular Iraqi food. There were Kurdish, shia and Christian families sitting around eating in happiness. I told my husband, "This is the Iraq I grew up in."

So, if you're from the DFW area, try to take your family to "Mediterranean Cafe & Bakery." It's located in the Heights Shopping Center at 100 S. Central Expressway in Richardson. This is the place where you can experience good Iraqi food and music. I recommend you try their daily all-you-can-eat buffet, which is not mentioned in the review. Here are their buffet hours:

Lunch   ($7.50 without drink): 10:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Daily
Dinner ($8.50 without drink): 5 to 9 p.m. Sun-Thur and 5 to 10 p.m. Fri-Sat

The place is managed by an Iraqi-Kurd from Dehuk. He left Iraq in 1988 and moved to America after staying in Turkey for three years.

Dilnareen, I know you're reading this and we already talked about it. But, I haven't told you that we have a big Kurdish community in Dallas.

Also, I received an e-mail from Firas's cousin this morning. Everyone is ok in the family. His cousin asked me to keep praying for them. Whatever your religion, please pray for the safety of all peaceful Iraqis.




Arabic Word of The Post:

restaurant : مطعم - / maT-eM /
restaurants: مطاعم - / ma-TA-im /

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home