Tuesday, July 13, 2004

The Value of Time

 
Few weeks ago, my friend D. sent me a photo of her Iraqi friend N., who lives in Colorado. The photo was taken while N. visited Iraq few months ago. It was a photo of her and her Iraqi fiancee who lived in Iraq. I remember e-mailing D. back at the time and saying, "They look like a cute couple."

N. was planning on having her wedding in Iraq before the end of this summer. She bought the wedding dress last week. Yesterday afternoon, D. sent me the following e-mail:
N. Just sent me a message and said that her fiancee got killed last Thursday. He is dead. They buried him last week, and she is so much in pain she did not want to talk to no one. I am sad and went outside and cried so hard. I feel so bad, and hopeless don't know what to do.

I'm not good when it comes to losing someone dear. I only have the following words to offer both N. and D. -- My thanks to the friend who sent me these words last week :

  • To realize the value of a sister, ask someone who doesn't have one.

  • To realize the value of ten years, ask a newly divorced couple.

  • To realize the value of four years, ask a graduate.

  • To realize the value of one year, ask a student who has failed a final exam.

  • To realize the value of one month, ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

  • To realize the value of one week, ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

  • To realize the value of one hour, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.

  • To realize the value of one minute, ask a person who has missed the train, bus or plane.

  • To realize the value of one-second, ask a person who has survived an accident.

  • To realize the value of one millisecond, ask the person who has won a Silver medal in the Olympics.

  • Time waits for no one. Treasure every moment you have.

  • You will treasure it even more when you can share it with someone special.

  • To realize the value of a friend, Lose one.


In my previous post, I said the electricity situation needs to be improved. I guess, the security situation needs to be improved more.

Life is shorter than you think. So, enjoy it as much as you can.




Arabic Word of The Post :

electricity : كهرباء - / kehra-baa /
security : أمن - / emn /

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home