Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Iraqi Woman and The Genie

 
I know, I know. I should be talking about Saddam's court case(s). But, I had to publish the following joke. My Iraqi friend sent it to me from Jordan, where she lives and works.
An Iraqi woman was walking around in Baghdad when she stumbled upon an old empty bottle.

She picked it up and rubbed it, and lo-and-behold a Genie appeared. She talked with him a while then the Genie told her he would grant her ONE wish.

She said she heard from a cousin that she would get three wishes if she ever found a Genie.

The Genie said, "Nope, sorry three-wish genies are a storybook myth. I'm a ONE-WISH Genie. So... what'll it be?"

The woman didn't hesitate. She said, "I want peace in Iraq. See this map, I want these countries to stop fighting with each other, and I want all the Arabs to love Jews and Americans and vice-versa. It will bring about world peace and harmony."

The Genie looked at the map and exclaimed, "Damn Lady, what's wrong with you? PLEASE BE REASONABLE! These countries have been at war for thousands of years. I'm out of shape after being in a bottle for 500 years. I'm good, but NOT THAT GOOD!!! I don't think it can be done." PLEASE make another wish and please I beg you... Be reasonable."

The woman thought for a minute and said, "Well, I've never been able to find the right Iraqi man... You know, one that is considerate and fun, likes to dance and helps with the cooking, housecleaning, and is FAITHFUL. That's what I wish for... a good Iraqi man."

The Genie let out a long sigh, shook his head and said, "Let me see that friggin' map again."

No offence to any Iraqi men. But, the cooking and housecleaning part is very true. To be fair, many Iraqi-Australian guys have improved. They help their wives more than you could imagine. Many of them learned how to cook, prepare and serve drinks for guests, and help with house work -- I wouldn't call it housecleaning. They even help with changing baby diapers when the wife is busy.

Iraqi girls, if you get a marriage proposal from an Iraqi guy living in Australia, you probably need to consider his proposal. Not to mention Australia is a very beautiful country and has a perfect weather.




Arabic Word of The Post:

perfect : مثالي - / mee-thAlee /

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home