Monday, June 28, 2004

Big Day For Iraq

 
Wow, this was a real surprise. I didn't expect an early handover of sovereignty to the new interim Iraqi government. I'm actually so happy for this decision. It was a very smart decision. It reminds me of smart chess moves.

I'm sure the hopeless terrorists from Falluja didn't see this one coming.

I hold high hopes in Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi and his courageous team. Yes, you could say every negative thing about them. But, those people wake up every morning to go to work not knowing if they'll be alive be end of the day. Cowards don't do that.

Thank you to everyone who helped Iraq since the collapse of Saddam's regime. Thank you to everyone who encouraged the Iraqi bloggers to write their thoughts even when everyone felt down. No, I'm not going to stop blogging. I'm just thankful to the people who read these amateur Iraqi blogs, which represent the new Iraq and its newborn democracy.

Talking about Iraqi bloggers, check the newest Iraqi blog written by the youngest Iraqi blogger so far. It's titled "A Star From Mosul" (via Life In Baghdad). It's written by a 16-year-old magnet school girl. Please, give her your support and good wishes.

Happy Day Iraq.




Arabic Word of The Post :

sovereignty : سيادة - / see-yada /

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home