Thursday, May 13, 2004

Who Is The Enemy?

 
I guess many people want to know my reaction to the murder of Nick Berg. I wanted to cool down before I wrote. I may seem more American than Australian or Middle Eastern because I am. I can't find enough words to say. I didn't want to watch the video from that Islamic Web site. I told my husband just going to that Web site and giving them another hit would make them feel more powerful. A feeling I don't want them to enjoy.

We're fighting an enemy who want to see many of us dead. You must believe it. See what they're doing in Iraq to the Muslim Iraqis. I have Muslim friends, and I could tell you that these criminals don't represent Islam. They represent a psycho cult. They deeply believe their sick acts are right.

For those who want to understand death and bravery, I couldn't find a better piece than the one written by Gibran Kahlil Gibran describing death. It's from Gibran Kahlil Gibran's book "The Prophet."

I extend my condolences to his family and hope Nick rests in peace.




Arabic Word of The Post:

criminal : مجرم - mojrim / moj-rim /
criminals: مجرمين - mojrimeen / moj-ri-meen /

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home