Monday, March 22, 2004

Newroz Piroz, Happy New Year

Yesterday, I was so happy. Everything filled me with happiness. It was so weird, and I didn't know why I felt so happy.

Today, when reading Kurdo's World, I remembered that yesterday was Newroz day, which explains my happiness. It's the Kurds New Year day, it has been celebrated for thousands of years. Before all organized religions existed, Newroz was celebrated among the Kurds. It's a day full of dancing, laughter and food.

Even though I left Iraq 10 years ago, Newroz is still one of my favorite days of the year. For me, it means happiness and the beginning of Spring season.

I hope the best for the Kurds all over the world. They're warm and happy (and handsome) people if you get to know them.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home