Sunday, March 14, 2004

Killing In The Name Of Religion

Since the attacks on the trains in Spain, I hoped no Middle Easterners were behind the attacks. In my heart, I knew the Islamic extremists were behind these attacks. I didn't want to believe it. Unfortunately, the Islamic extremists did it again.

Why are they doing this? This is the question I have been asking myself many times. What religion permits this kind of act? Don't tell me there is somewhere in Islam where it permits the killing of innocent people. If there is, then I probably never knew my Muslims friends very well.

These extremists are destroying the reputation of many good Muslims who are trying to build a good and decent life in America and other Western countries. These acts of terror are widening the gap between the Western and Middle Eastern societies. It's not helping anyone.

Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma bomber, was sentenced to death after being convicted of his brutal crime. You'll never find someone in America who sympathizes with him. On the other hand, Bin Laden is still considered a hero by some people in the Middle East and Asia. That's how wide the gap is between the Western and Eastern worlds when it comes to dealing with extremists of any type.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home