Saturday, February 14, 2004

Happy Valentine's Snow

It snowed in Dallas-Fort Worth last night. It was the best Valentine's gift for Texans.

It snows once or twice each year in Dallas. For me, it means winter is over. Last year, we turned on the air-conditioners in March.

I lived in Basrah and Baghdad and these two cities are dry. There's no way to have snow there. We don't even have enough rain.

The first time I saw snow in my life was while I lived in Jordan. Me and my friend didn't know it had snowed that morning. We opened the apartment building door to go shopping and we saw pieces of ice on the doorstep. We were so amazed that someone actually cleaned their refrigerator so early in the morning. OK, laugh but it's really what happened at the time. Then, it was fun to walk while it snowed.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home